Go to Simply Staffordshire Website

Thursday, 10 March 2011

bring your dog to Staffordshire!


We have only had Stan the dog for 6 months but frankly life hasn't quite been the same since. We have new holes in the lawn and toy confetti all over the garden. Barely a cushion in the house has avoided his special form of restyling. The kitchen floor has never quite looked the same and apparently it is impossible to walk past a sock without killing it. We also seem to have picked a dog who has a hearing problem...the dog equivalent of the dog two finger salute. BUT...we do love him and he is adorable lying in the middle of the bed in dead fly pose. He loves us all and despite being half the size of the right breed, feels he is qualified to round us up like sheep.
I have never walked so much and have found paths and fields that up until dog owning days, were a secret to me. I hop (no stumble) over stiles and find I have gone back in time. Hedgerows full of life, quiet, not a house in sight...
As such it has become clear to me that, on planning our holidays, Stan the dog may well not be suited to kennels and I'm pretty sure, despite her kind offers, Mum won't put up with morning cuddles in bed if she took him in for us. So I think it can't be that hard to find holidays that include dogs....ah...
I am finding it tricky to know why we haven't taken dogs in our holiday house before. I assumed they would reek havoc (actually if they are like our four legged friend...) and would make the place smell. I have realised though, the error of my ways. Dogs can make a holiday and we have a large garden that is safe and enclosed, there are umpteen walks from the door and a large utility room with a tiled floor for wet, muddy dogs. So there you have it - Rowan House is now available to dogs by arrangement and for a small fee. I may even source some dog treats to go in the welcome basket...

1 comment:

chefgarfy said...

Awww He's a cutie pie.. lol