Go to Simply Staffordshire Website

Friday, 24 April 2009

The Green Spring Clean.

It is that time of year again when the sun shines brightly and the days are longer and you notice just how filthy your windows are and how many cobwebs you have. Although I have been almost entirely green on the cleaning front, I have only recently recycled my last bottle of chemical cleaner from the cupboard. I hadn't used it for a long time and thought that it was time to cut my last ties with the chemical cleaning industry. So to cut a long story short, I have been cleaning away over the last few weeks and trying desperately to de clutter too - not easy when you have 2 boys and a husband following you through the house re cluttering. I have been using the bicarb and vinegar for almost anything from surfaces, dirty finger marks on paint, grot corners in the bathroom and washing some toys that had over wintered in the sandpit. Vinegar brought the windows to a beautiful shine (until Fred waved good bye to daddy with toast) and I even got some of the black mouldy bits in the tops corners with some borax.
To cheer the house up with some freshness I added some lavendar oil and sweet orange oil (great for fractious kids and dads!) to a water spray and squirted liberally! Email me if you need some green cleaning recipes or if you have a new one for me - I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: